Eurobarometer survey on the use of e-cigarettes in the EU
The 2014 Eurobarometer survey analyzed the current daily use of non-nicotine and nicotine containing e-cigarettes in the 28 member states of the European Union (EU). The results were published in the Internal and Emergency Medicine Journal in September 2017.
- The majority of e-cig users in the union use nicotine containing liquid with a total prevalence of 1.08%.
- Minimal daily e-cig use was observed amongst people who never smoked, only 0.04%.
- Quitting smoking with the help of e-cigs was reported by 47.12% of those using non-nicotine e-cigs and 49.14% of those using nicotine containing e-cigs.
- In the EU in late 2014, current daily EC use was predominantly observed in current and former smokers and was associated with high self-reported rates of smoking cessation and reduction.
- Current daily EC use by never smokers was extremely infrequent.
Access the full study by following this link: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11739-017-1643-7